Monday, November 21

HolyShift! that's cool! (Or things I am digging right now!)

I have been staring at a blank "new post" window on here for two days.  I have many things I've been thinking about writing, but apparently lack of sleep is catching up on me.  And so, I've decided to just "warm myself up" with a somewhat mindless post.  (Apologies.)  And so, here we go with:

HolyShift! that's cool! (Otherwise known as "things I am digging right now!")


Blogs (in no particular order)
1. Rachel Held Evans
2. Red Letter Christians
3. Not Hip Enough to Blog (Ali Raney - and this is a false title...she is, in fact, more than hip enough to blog!)
4. Jesus Needs New PR (P.S. I really want this shirt!)
5.  life with the smiths (really, it's Tammy Smith, and she just speaks honestly about real stuff in her fam)

Apps
1. Ticket to Ride (I can play a game in less than 10 minutes)
2. Scrabble (I have 15+ games on the go right now!)
3. Free2Work (this app shows where and how items are made by scanning their barcode)
4. Mint.com (this helps me trace where and how I spend my money - and helps me "try" to stick to a budget)
5. Camera+ (best $2 I've ever spent.  Seriously, I'm going to sell my digital camera because this makes my phone a better camera than my camera)

Tweeters
1. Natalie Ott (honestly, that chick is witty!  Follow her: @natalieott
2. I am Second; Follow: @IamSecond
3. Pat Martin (mostly because among other things, he told someone via twitter to "eat my shorts") Follow: @PatMartinMP
4. Bruxy Cavey; Follow: @Bruxy
5. Brett Ullman (who shares some great "life lessons" that he teaches his kids each day) Follow: @brettullman

Things on TV
1. The NFL (seriously, The Lions?  The Bills?  This season is amazing!)
2. Castle (it's Murder She Wrote 2.0 with Nathan Fillion instead of Angela Landsbury = upgrade!)
3. Community (Troy and Abed is the best thing since J.D. and Turk)
4. Parks and Rec
5. Parenthood (such a great depiction of a kid with Asperger's)
6. The NBA (no...wait...ouch...)


Organizations
1. MCC - seriously, just amazing.  Everyone should know about the Mennonite Central Committee
2. Free the Children
3. TWLOHA - (that is, To Write Love on Her Arms)
4. Next Level Leadership - if you are a woman, and lead in any way and/or want to develop your leadership skills, (or just want to hang out with some remarkable women), check them out!
5. POTSC (People of the Second Chance)

Flavours
1. Coconut - mostly in curries...mmmmm...
2. Chocolate peanutbutter -fill in the blank- (ice cream, cookies, candy bars, etc.)
3. Milk - I have drank more milk in the past 3 months than in my entire life combined
4. Gala Apples
5. Bacon - crispy and delicious

Okay, now I'm hungry, so I'm gonna end there. 

1 comment:

the smiths said...

Thank for the shout out! :) I liked reading your "mindless" post....