Monday, June 11

Top Ten Tuesdays

This has been a long time coming, but I've been spending some time watching children's tv with my daughter. And, now I've landed on...

The Top Ten Seven Issues I Currently Have with Kids' TV Shows

1. Sponge Bob.
2. Selectivity in anthropomorphism. Aardvarks shouldn't have dogs as pets.
3. Selectivity in pants wearing. Either you care or you don't - there isn't an in-between.
4. Characters who are in a race should NEVER stop to do a song and dance number - GO, RUN, WIN...what is wrong with you?!!
5. Kids know that Joshua didn't take down the walls of Jericho with Slurpees, right?
6. Gender ambiguity - Big Bird, are you nesting? You're a dude, right? I'm mean, it's cool either way. After 28 years of life, I'd just like some clarity.
7. No cartoons have parents or have parents worth having...seriously, who allows their 4 year-old to go out into the jungle, over an alligator infested lake, to a volcano?
8.  Gotta go...Dora's on!

No comments: