Tuesday, March 6

Top Ten Tuesday

The Top Ten Movies I've Seen on Netflix To Date!

1. Of Gods and Men - okay, so its got French subtitles, getting over that for this movie is ABSOLUTELY worth it and beyond. This has become one of my favourite movies in existence. The movie looks at the question: what does it really mean to follow Christ? Complete with Trappist Monks and Islamic Extremists.
2. Lost in Austen - a little cheesy, but really quite fantastic. A young female gets tossed into the pages of Pride and Prejudice as a friend of Elizabeth Bennett's while Elizabeth ventures into the "real world". As a P&P fan, I enjoyed this little no-name drama!
3. Where the Heart Is - a movie from 2000 starring Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd. I had actually never heard of it before Netflix, but was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't what I thought it would be. Dealt with some tough issues in a fairly raw way.
4. Funny Face - Oh, Audrey Hepburn, you're so wonderful. That is all.
5. Water - a 2005 movie directed by Deepa Mehta about the life of widows in Varanasi - including a little girl who is widowed at only 7 years old and forced to live the life of a widow forever. Incredibly moving.
6. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - just so fantastic. The ending had me both almost throwing up and balling my eyes out. Moving.
7. Date Night - I'll be honest, if it wasn't on Netflix, I probably wouldn't have seen it...and that would have been unfortunate! Steve Correll, and even more so, Tina Fey, knock it out of the park in this ridiculous comedy.
8. Notting Hill - What can I say? I'm a girl and Hugh Grant is, well, Hugh Grant.
9. Fried Green Tomatoes - Definitely a movie I haven't seen in YEARS, but watched it on Netflix the other day, and I had to laugh and cry along with Kathy Bates' crazy character.  And maybe I was naive, but I had not ever thought of this movie as a Gay and Lesbian title, but Netflix tells me it is...so it must be true.
10. The Muppets Take Manhattan - classic. It's been too many years, Jim Henson.

2 comments:

Ali Raney said...

Well, you definitely haven't seen the best movie on Netflix yet if it's not on this list. Check out "The King of Kong" under the Documentary section! No seriously....commit yourself, and watch it.

YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

Natalie Frisk said...

I HAVE seen it!!!